Subscribe to Blog via Email
Be honest: what do you think of when you hear “Asians”?
Habib, you’re on a roll here, aren’t you!
- Confucian virtues
- Most people I hanged out with at high school. And undergrad.
- Spicy food
- East Asians, Not South Asians; I’m from Australia, not the UK
- East Asians, Not West Asians. Does anyone even say “West Asians”?
- East Asians, Not North Asians. People definitely don’t call Siberians North Asians.
- East Asians, Not Central Asians. Huh. It really is all about extended Sinosphere, isn’t it.
- South East Asians. Kinda sorta extended Sinosphere.
- My neighbours’ parents, who yell too loud in Chinese at their kid.
- My urbane Taiwanese psychologist friend, and his darling kids.
- Lots of cultures with venerable history, that I know too little about.
Leave a Reply